Magisterial Fidelity
A Roman Catholic Mom from Boston





Send help.
Carol M. McKinley



cmmckinley@aol.com




Sunday, June 04, 2006 :::
 

The link on Sr. LooneyLaBollita

(PDF warning!)

Here's the text:

For the past several months, after much thought, prayer and consultation
with Sister Fran and my congregational leadership team, I have made a personal decision not to renew my contract which ends on June 30, 2006 so that I might begin a sabbatical year for personal and spiritual renewal.

This has been a very difficult and painful decision to make on so
many levels. I will dearly miss the rich ministry I have been privileged to
share with you. You have been a warm, welcoming home to me for 12 phenomenal
years. Leaving my colleagues with whom I have worked so closely is
heartbreaking indeed. And it is even more difficult to leave now knowing
what a joy it would be to work with Fr. John and Fr. Joe, two of the finest
priests of the archdiocese. However I am confident that the community will
thrive with their leadership, and that of the pastoral staff, Parish
Council, and Finance Council. Fr. John and Fr. Joe are supportive and
understanding of my decision. For this I am deeply grateful.

Most sisters take sabbatical time around their 25th year in ministry. This
year I celebrate 45 years in parish ministry. I think I have a lot of catching up to do!

On Sunday, May 21st after the 10:00am Mass I will have an opportunity to
thank each of you more personally and to say farewell. The following weekend I will be in Ontario for a congregational assembly.

During the month of June I will take my vacation time to prepare for
sabbatical but will return on June 18th for Alan Yost's Mass of
Thanksgiving. Alan will be ordained to the priesthood on June 3rd in Oregon.
I am fully aware of how difficult it has been for us to see so many staff members
leave.

As hard as this is, it is time to allow the past to bless us and to confidently move forward with hope in the future we will be creating each day. Know that I will always carry you in my heart and in my prayers.
~ Sister Marie

A fond farewell indeed.

What are they down to over there? Kessler and Buffoone?

(Incidently, Kessler has retired from his Child/Adult condom/partner initiative.)


::: posted by prolife pundits at 12:25 PM

|

|





_______________
_______________





Powered by Blogger