Magisterial Fidelity
A Roman Catholic Mom from Boston





Send help.
Carol M. McKinley



cmmckinley@aol.com




Tuesday, May 23, 2006 :::
 

May 23, 2006


Mr. Robert Tayek
Diocese of Cleveland
1027 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114


Dear Robert,


My children served Bishop Lennon as altar servers at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston (and Cardinal Law before him). I'm sure he'll remember my daughter April who was exceptionally fond of him. These have been very difficult years for all of us and she appreciated his kindness to her during the turmoil.

I know he's not one for the internet, etc - so I'm hoping that I can rely on you to please extend my gratitude (and kudos) to him for being forthright in the press regarding the situation here in Boston. From the nanosecond Bishop Sean O’Malley took the helm, our diocese has been tragically fracturing, each of us faced with situations where we had to either choose covering up Chancery corruption in the public square or exposing it knowing we’d be subject to being removed, fired, silenced, ridiculed and maligned.

The pursuit of truth is no longer the objective of the archdiocese of Boston and the only way to expose it, unfortunately, is to do exactly as Bishop Lennon did today. As difficult as I know it is, it’s very encouraging to see a Bishop come to terms with what has to be done for the common good of the people – and for our individual vocations as Catholics. I have great hope that the people of Cleveland will be the beneficiaries of our gauntlet of trials and subsequent spiritual growth.

Well done!


In Christ,

Carol McKinley


::: posted by prolife pundits at 3:16 PM

|

|





_______________
_______________





Powered by Blogger